Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-07-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help ! My lionfish is acting weird

Ok People, heres the deal. I need help with my lionfish that I just put in my 55 gal aquarium today. I have a spiny box puffer, a Niger trigger, Rusty Angel, and Snowflake eel in there right now. The lionfish seemed to be doing fine when I first put him into the tank except he went straight to the bottom. And I went in a little bit ago and he was laying on his side. He will swim up occasionally and then fall back to the bottom. THe parameters in the tank are all fine. Im not sure if this is normal behavior or not. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Chris33_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 09:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Doesn't sound good. That's a huge amount of bioload for a 50gal tank. Maybe he's just stressed. How did you acclimate him? What type of lion is this?

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Agreed...you need to return some fish - those are some large, messy eaters. There is not enough room or biofilter in a 55g for all of them, you'll end up losing some if you don't make a change.
hey half the fun is dreaming it up!
srgetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Yeah I would have to agree. The lion fish and the puffer alone is too much for the 55
90 gal sw
Wet/Dry w/ LR ruble
2x Maxi-Jet 1200 Power Head
PC Lighting
Remora pro skimmer
90 lbs LR
80 lbs of Carib Sea

Majestic Angel, Pink spotted gobie. Black percular clown, Coral Beauty, Lt. Tang, Mitratus B/F, Multicolor Dwarf Angelfish
sango is offline   Reply With Quote

lionfish, weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com