Help ! My lionfish is acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris33_9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok People, heres the deal. I need help with my lionfish that I just put in my 55 gal aquarium today. I have a spiny box puffer, a Niger trigger, Rusty Angel, and Snowflake eel in there right now. The lionfish seemed to be doing fine when I first put him into the tank except he went straight to the bottom. And I went in a little bit ago and he was laying on his side. He will swim up occasionally and then fall back to the bottom. THe parameters in the tank are all fine. Im not sure if this is normal behavior or not. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Doesn't sound good. That's a huge amount of bioload for a 50gal tank. Maybe he's just stressed. How did you acclimate him? What type of lion is this?

Agreed...you need to return some fish - those are some large, messy eaters. There is not enough room or biofilter in a 55g for all of them, you'll end up losing some if you don't make a change.

Yeah I would have to agree. The lion fish and the puffer alone is too much for the 55

Back
Top Bottom