help my ro water is doing something weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want something tall and narrow. Not a tub. Do they half trash cans that would work or is that what you meant?

That is what I meant a rubbermaid trash can. That is what I use. Simple and get the ones with wheels, makes it easy to move around

$30 bucks and no more washing or rinsing or kool aid or bleach or any of it lol

Have you tried hot water a vinegar yet?

I see there is hope for me lol. Ok ill do that. Maybe I ll use it as a sand filter for my freshwater system. Yes I did try vinger. No luck. But I still havnt done my test.

Ya just grab a new garbage pale

best thing to use for collecting ro water and auto top offs :)

i just drilled a hole big enough for my ro hose to fit in the top of the pale, and let if fill up. usually takes about 8-9 hours for my garbage pale to completely fill

that is using cold water (we dont get chared for cold water usage where i live) so why pay for hot water if i dont need to... sure the psi is only at about 35 (60 ideal) but its free :)

Get aRubbermade BRUTE trash can. All BRUTE products are 'food grade' for human consumption. I use a 45 gallon BRUTE can to hold my top off water.

Home depot.

You cannot clean a used container. Period. Even with pressure washing. If you get lucky, you can get a pepper or pickle barrel. But koolaid smaell means that it was probably for corn syrup. That really shouldn't be bad for a tank. I would be like carbon dosing. 44ppm isn't the problem, its the 44 ppm of what.
I freaked last week. RO, the tds meter read 12. Post DI it was reading 30 something. Aaaahhh! Then I remembered that I put a pump from the sw barrel into the RODI. LOL

...RO, the tds meter read 12. Post DI it was reading 30 something. Aaaahhh! Then I remembered that I put a pump from the sw barrel into the RODI. LOL

The salty pump would definitely do it, but you might double check your DI output before it goes in the barrel. When DI resin is depleted, it can actually release stuff back in to the water. So if your DI resin is shot, it's totally possible that your water coming out of the resin is worse than the water coming in to it.

That's what I was worried about. The output is attached to a float so it was hard to get a sample. It was lower but still not 0. I think the whole bin is contaminated (with ok suff)

It's color change resin and there is no change. I was worried it was tunneling. But I think it is OK.

@Rush. You wouldn't want to use hot water anyway. It will destroy the membrane. You might want to look into a pump that will bring the pressure up, you will make more water with less waste.

When you say you used vinegar did you do 50/50 white vinegar ro water and let it sit submersed for 1/2 hour guarantee that will work i run a bottled water company thats how we remove water reservoirs smells. Also if tds is saying 14 ppm thats probably correct. Most home ro systems have 15 micron sediment filters usually only commercial units run 5 micron filters our ro system does 8 gallons a minute at 5.35-6.4 ppm, even when we distil our ro it still is 1.5 ppm thats the best we have gotten it.

i used a barrel that i got from a place called "sweet ovations" in philly. the barrel was originally filled with blueberry flavoring. it smelled like blueberries for 6 months..lol. i still used it and had no ill effects.

When you say you used vinegar did you do 50/50 white vinegar ro water and let it sit submersed for 1/2 hour guarantee that will work i run a bottled water company thats how we remove water reservoirs smells. Also if tds is saying 14 ppm thats probably correct. Most home ro systems have 15 micron sediment filters usually only commercial units run 5 micron filters our ro system does 8 gallons a minute at 5.35-6.4 ppm, even when we distil our ro it still is 1.5 ppm thats the best we have gotten it.

No no definitely not 50/50. I used like 10 parts water for one part vinegar. I used regular water but you can use RO.

I would just hit wal mart and get a garbage can lol

...Also if tds is saying 14 ppm thats probably correct. Most home ro systems have 15 micron sediment filters usually only commercial units run 5 micron filters our ro system does 8 gallons a minute at 5.35-6.4 ppm, even when we distil our ro it still is 1.5 ppm thats the best we have gotten it.

If you'd run it through DI resin, you'd get zero... but that would be too expensive for bottled water producers. Running an RO+DI system, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get 0.0 ppm output if everything is working right.

I tested the ro di in a clean cup right after the di fiter and it was 001. Its the barrel. I gave up haha. I'm going to walmart

Back
Top Bottom