Help!!! Need to remove a fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmjead

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all. I just bought a royal dottyback and he has already killed my two perculas and is chasing my green chromis he nips all their tails until they are dead. Anyone have a way to remove him from a tank with a lot of rock. I can't remove the 180 lbs of rock from the 90 gallon tank.

Help!!!

I would try to catch him while he is eating. Feed him something he likes and have the net ready. When he starts to eat, nab him!

Laughing here but not at youre situation. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. What is funny? Some things are easier said than done. I had tried to catch 2 Blue Devils for several weeks (little bullies) I had to resort to the removing of some LR before I could catch them. Just hang in there and do what you have to do. Good Luck!

Caught my damsel by chasing it into a rock, then taking the rock up out of the tank with a net under the rock. Plop! and he was in the net.

Happened more by luck than by design though..... :? (and about an hour of frustration....)

The bottle trap is by far the most successful approach I have seen. Its cheap and easy to make...and you dont have to stand there cursing your fish while you wait. Give that one a shot. :wink:

Captured!!

You guys ROCK! 30 minutes and caught in the bottle trap. Back to the LFS for him.

Back
Top Bottom