Help picking fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have my first sw tank... 75gal. It's cycled and we are working on getting fish. We have a tomini tang, 2 ocellaris clowns, a scooter Blenny (my fav!) and a cardinal. We also have one small set of dragon eye zoas and some snails and hermits. We are getting a foxface (for those following me, it's all I talk about! Lol) but we don't know what else to get. I really want a powder brown tang and some sort of wrasse. Any other colorful fish that I should consider? We are planning on doing reef also but only zoas and other polyps and possibly brain corals. Nothing crazy. Opinions please!

Dont get a powder brown tang, get too big. From here on out you should only get nano fish.... Maybe a basslet of some kind, a wrasse is a good idea, and maybe a goby

Powder brown tangs need a 6' tank. They are also extremely susceptible to disease and difficult to care for when introduced. I would recommend a lime green wrasse.

AbsoluteFaye said:
So I have my first sw tank... 75gal. It's cycled and we are working on getting fish. We have a tomini tang, 2 ocellaris clowns, a scooter Blenny (my fav!) and a cardinal. We also have one small set of dragon eye zoas and some snails and hermits. We are getting a foxface (for those following me, it's all I talk about! Lol) but we don't know what else to get. I really want a powder brown tang and some sort of wrasse. Any other colorful fish that I should consider? We are planning on doing reef also but only zoas and other polyps and possibly brain corals. Nothing crazy. Opinions please!

I love the foxface! Can't wait to see pics. What about a saltwater betta?

image-281285285.jpg

Also I believe cardinals do better in groups. How about fire fish? Maybe a pink face wrasse?
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2971+355&pcatid=355

Lol convict... I love my foxface and betta!!! :) haha

Attachments

• image-2287187667.jpg
    image-2287187667.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1909562828.jpg
    image-1909562828.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 67
Lol ya dude they are great! The betta takes a while to get used to the tank... Mine took about 3 months to be fully comfortable, but now he is just as active as my clowns! :) great fish.

AbsoluteFaye said:

I would suggest at least 1 more cardinal. They do better when they're not alone.

Def getting another cardinal or two... We've discussed that before and thought it best. We REALLY want some sort of butterfly but they aren't really reef safe. :(

The Marine Betta is not commonly kept in a reef-style aquarium, but it is reported to be safe with corals and anemones, however, it will eat all small fish and shrimp.

I could never see mine going after any fish. Now maybe a 100% full grown one might eat a small goby or something, but thats a differant circumstance.

Back
Top Bottom