Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pritchard

Aquarium Advice Freak
During the night two of my chromis found there way into the corner overflow chamber of my tank ! The flow and return pipework is glued into place so I can't remove it which makes getting a net in **** near impossible ! After a lot of head scratching I decided to slowly fill the overflow with substrate in order to force the two fish upwards ! This method worked fine and the two adventurers are now back in the DT with the rest of the mob ! My problem now is the overflow is now half full of crushed coral sand/gravel ! My question is "should I try to remove this or if I leave it will it act as a DSB ? any advice would be much appreciated !!!

image-1086671961.jpg

Here's a few pics !

image-1483041877.jpg

Attachments

• image-2763651365.jpg
    image-2763651365.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 129
Thanks mate ! I'm having mixed thoughts !!! If I leave it I'm hoping it will act as a dsb and a breeding ground for pods for my mandarin and also easier to retrieve any fish that go in there ! But on the down side I'm thinking about the phosphate pockets and all out nitrate factory it will eventually become !!! The system has always been fine so I think I'll remove it and put it back to how it's always been ! If it's not broke don't try to fix it etc etc

+1 I'd remove it as we'll.

I have had the same problem in the past. I do not glue the stand pipe into the bulkhead adapter so I can remove it and get into the overflow if needed and it gives me more room to get a net/hand in. I know that doesn't help you now but just thought I'd mention it.

The stand pipe was already glued when I got this tank or I could have put the net over the end in my sump and just pulled the pipe and caught the little fellas lol ! Think I'm gonna take this gravel out though !

Back
Top Bottom