Help please - Clown Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds fine. I usually don't let the water I save sit for more than a week. Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing. LOL But it has worked out fine for me. I also mix my own saltwater so I rotate the stored water every week when I make my water (once a week) and do the pwc's (once a week) so it never sits for more than a week here and I've had no issues.

OK thanks. I was just thinking if there was a way that I could buy water in large amounts it would mean less trips to my LFS. I am going to store 20 litres of SW in my barrel container with the lid sealed and then keep giving it a mix each day but I dont have a powerhead to constantly mix it. That way I can do my water changes for 4 weeks before needing to visit the LFS. Hopefully that will work too for the RO water I will just have to test the water before putting it into my tank :)

I hold both ro and saltwater sometimes for a month or more with no issues. For the salt I keep it heated and have a small pump running in their.

When i make my salt water i use an air pump to circulate it for 48 hours then turn off the air pump and just leave a heater in to keep at the right temp

I have read that when clownfish mate the large one who is female 'bangs' (haha pun intended), the smaller male fish and then the male lies on its side and jerks around, looks like a seizure. First time I sae this I thought he was having a seizure, lol!

Clowns are all born males. They "fight" to determine dominance. The one that turns on its side and looks like its having a seizure is showing submission to the other. The dominant clown will then become femal and grow larger than the other. You then have a mated pair of clowns. They'll start spawning shortly after that.

Back
Top Bottom