Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

No acclimatation to tank water. I usually dip new corals with double dose for 10 mins (with timer). So it would be 0.5ml Seachem Reef Dip with 200ml tank water.

I didn't know we need to acclimate new corals like fishs... But the mush was open on the first week, wouldn't he stay closed for he first week if it was bad new water acclimatation ?

Old 03-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvincent View Post
No acclimatation to tank water. I usually dip new corals with double dose for 10 mins (with timer). So it would be 0.5ml Seachem Reef Dip with 200ml tank water.

I didn't know we need to acclimate new corals like fishs... But the mush was open on the first week, wouldn't he stay closed for he first week if it was bad new water acclimatation ?
Corals are actually more sensitive to water changes than fish are.... I would say that is the most likely answer to the problem.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Corals are actually more sensitive to water changes than fish are.... I would say that is the most likely answer to the problem.
So all I have to do is keep them in the corner of the tank and wait they openup ? Or maybe put them in a more light place ?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:54 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvincent View Post
So all I have to do is keep them in the corner of the tank and wait they openup ? Or maybe put them in a more light place ?
Sorry, I should have said answer to the cause. I'm not sure there's much you can do except for give them good water quality and hope for the best. You could try moving them to different lighting and flow areas but there aren't any guarantees.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
Sorry, I should have said answer to the cause. I'm not sure there's much you can do except for give them good water quality and hope for the best. You could try moving them to different lighting and flow areas but there aren't any guarantees.
The guy at the LFS told me to let it sit where he is and wait for 1-2 month until it opens up. (This guy is not a noob), but I like a second advice on AA. Thanks, I hope it open.

I'll try to keep best parameter balance stable...

Tags
clear, mushroom, mushrooms, shrooms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com