Help power was out SG spike?!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
Help ASAP! My power was out, temp stayed good, kept using backup to run the powerhead but after everything's back up my SG is at a hair over 1.026 should I bring it down now or wait a few hours for everything to get a good FE cycles? I know it will need to be done slowly! Hoping someone is up that can help!

I doubt it. It rose from what? .025? That little fluctuation probably would go unnoticed by your livestock. Only 2 ways to make the salt content change: One is by adding or removing water (the latter by evap of course) and the other is adding salt. Super cooling and/or heating I assume can change SG to some extent, but we aren't going to see that in this hobby.

I doubt it. It rose from what? .025? That little fluctuation probably would go unnoticed by your livestock. Only 2 ways to make the salt content change: One is by adding or removing water (the latter by evap of course) and the other is adding salt. Super cooling and/or heating I assume can change SG to some extent, but we aren't going to see that in this hobby.

Ok glad to know. Normally I keep it at .025 thanks for the reassurance!

Back
Top Bottom