Help quick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigreefer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Y timer went out on on dosing pumps. Alk is good but cal is testing in the high 550-600. What do i do?!

Water change and let it deplete naturally as long as mag levels are high enough it will make it more available to corals

Try get it up to 1390 and Dkh 12 this will give you enhanced coral growth as well then try to keep cal 465 for continued growth

I keep my dkh pretty high at 10, thats a battle too so i would say go to 10, it will give you a little leeway. Most corals are recommended to be at 8-12 dkh and calcium at 450 or so. The magnesium is good between 1250 and 1350 as well.

What do you have in your tank that requires so much dosing? I have a 6 foot tank chock full of corals and just now am needing to dose. Also, how often are your water changes?

The reason we are trying to get high mag levels is to try and deplete the high cal quicker and with higher levels of mag and cal levels dkh needs to be matched for balanced parameters otherwise we will start going round in circles if mag and cal is high but the dkh is low the the tank is lacking carbonates maybe your problem Carey?

Y timer went out on on dosing pumps. Alk is good but cal is testing in the high 550-600. What do i do?!
That doesn't make sense. Calcium can not rise on it's own without it being dosed. Sound like a testing error to me.

Timer is set to dose same time every day. Tested weekly. Notised that doser was running at the wrong time. Found timer was not working ran test. 550+ cal 1300 mag 8alk

I'd let it all settle down and watch the alk, if it drops much further I would just dose that up. Just get back to the levels to start your dosing regimen again, you're not too far off. :)

Back
Top Bottom