Help, reef is at 90 degrees!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got home and checked the temp of my reef and the temp is at 90 degrees because we had the windows mostly closed because we thought it was gonna rain. Is this going to kill my corals or should I be ok? One other time my tank got very hopt and everything survived so I am crossing my fingers!

Thanks,
Josh

take a 2liter bottle and freeze it and let it sit in your sump if you can... will help to slowly cool the water... (old trick before chillers or if you were too poor for them)

I placed a fan in front of the tank na dit is cooling it down quite well. I think what happened is my fan stopped on my halide hood for some reason so it baked the water. I got it to work now so hopefully it will stay on.

Hopefully? 8O

I've been having issues with my Little Giant heating up my water and my heater not maintaining temperatures. Really frustrating me. Green slime algae grows at 82°F.... Need less heat, might build me a cooler from fans and a radiator device (heater core from a chevelle or something) with a temperature shutoff on the pump. Basically a DIY chiller. :)

But the frozen bottle in sump is effective. Just be careful it doesn't drop too much.

when my temp tanks rise i blow a fan right across the top of the water. evaporative cooling works wonders, just keep an eye on the salinity as this can make water evaporate faster than normal. good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom