Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
HELP ricordia came loose

So i bought a nice rock with 3 ricordias on it but one of them seems to have come lose from the rock, I've tried placing back on there but it keeps coming off can i cut it and move it, here is a pic so u can see where I'm planning to cut. The piece that is hanging down has a mouth so i don't think it will starve it if i cut it
Attached Images

Live & Let Live!
SAAVE853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Just take some fish line and lightly tie it down where you want it and it will stick and grow there. In a few weeks you should be able to remove the line.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Fish line will work and you can also use those net bags that onions come in. Cut off a square larger than the mushroom and use string or elastics to keep the edges down. Just as melosu58 mentioned: after a few weeks you can remove what is holding it down and it will be attached to the rock.

Whatever you do, do not use glue to cement it's foot to the rock.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
or you can use bridal veil, if you happen to have some. basically use a loose mesh to hold it down and it will attach itself. I have lost a couple rics to current.
cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com