Help: Setup Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it seems you got the answers you needed. :)

The pump does indeed go into the last chamber. I disagree on adding sand though, I think his fuge area is perfectly large enough for sand. :)

Well it seems you got the answers you needed. :)

The pump does indeed go into the last chamber. I disagree on adding sand though, I think his fuge area is perfectly large enough for sand. :)

yea i agree i say go for it put some sand in

Ok so do i buy some new sand and just dump it in there or do i buy some and and use some of my used sand to seed it with.

nah you can just guy some sand it will become live over time

me, I bought a bag of plain ole sand at petco. 10lb bag for mine was good plus some of the sand I had in my pod tank. But my refugium area is larger than yours so you won't need as much I wouldnt think. :)

if you're not going to put a DSB in your fuge then theres no point to puttign sand in it. as far as the use of a DSB, if its smaller then 36x12 then its kind of pointless to use, you might as well go DSB in your main display tank and leave the fuge with just chaeto and rubble, it will be less cost and less of a nitrate factory, although the chaeto will end up suckign up the nitrates, so it comes down to the cost, its just an added expense to use sand.

Back
Top Bottom