Help , suicidal coca worm ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfiereefer

Aquarium Advice Freak
K so about 2 weeks ago I notice one of the " heads " of my coca worm floating around , after I fed my sun coral and other fish and put lights on the second one is now off. Is this normal in the growth phase or is it a goner now ?
Since I have gotten it the tube has grown maybe just shy of 1/4 inch

No its not a gonner it will grow back something stressed it or its starving and it shed the big head and a smaller one will come back in a few weeks

bskerrichard27 said:
No its not a gonner it will grow back something stressed it or its starving and it shed the big head and a smaller one will come back in a few weeks

Shouldent be starving both him and my clam are target fed, nitrates jumped up to 20ppm forgot to clean out an cannister I was running GFO in :-/

Newfiereefer said:
K so about 2 weeks ago I notice one of the " heads " of my coca worm floating around , after I fed my sun coral and other fish and put lights on the second one is now off. Is this normal in the growth phase or is it a goner now ?
Since I have gotten it the tube has grown maybe just shy of 1/4 inch

They release their crown when stressed something maybe plucking at it dwarf angels are notorious at that what fish do you have?

danbstrong said:
They release their crown when stressed something maybe plucking at it dwarf angels are notorious at that what fish do you have?
I have a flame angle but he was MIA when the second one piped , a clarkie clown , and some cromis .the first one I blamed on my arrow crab since he recently ate my new Scooter Blenny >_< but maybe not , tested my water nitrates are a lil higher than normal 20-30 ppm I'll be doing a PWC tomorrow :-/

Happy to update that the coca worm is still alive , I forgot to mention just before the " heads " fell off I had put a re mushroom and the far end of the coca worms tube , would that have done it ? I always though mushrooms where on the friendly side of coral spectrum.

Attachments

• image-3482163375.jpg
    image-3482163375.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom