Help tank overflowed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They make a little box with a exposed metal strip that can be placed where spilled water would accumulate. It will sound an alert if it gets wet.

Got it, read it wrong the first time. Thx for clarifying.

Ok guys I screwed up again. During the whole overflow ordeal I topped the tank off with rodi not checking salinity, checked a moment ago and it was 1.018 I freaked mixed a strong batch of sw and raised it to 1.021 now my corals look like their freaking out all SPS mushrooms mostly but they are "recoiling" into themselves. Have I killed them? Can I save them? HELP!!!

I would just get it back up to at least 1.024 and then wait it out. Softies will be fine. Stony corals should recover. Don't do any other major changes for a while.

How much quicker can I add a "hot" batch of sw? Can I raise the salinity that fast? The corals have calmed down now but they freaked when I first did it.

How big is your tank that you broke down?

You never did mention how big your tank is???

I have been reading along and quite scared at the opportunity of something like this happening with the tank Im looking to setup. I don't want that much extra work.

Is this only real possibility with HOB skimmers for salt water tanks??

You never did mention how big your tank is???

I have been reading along and quite scared at the opportunity of something like this happening with the tank Im looking to setup. I don't want that much extra work.

Is this only real possibility with HOB skimmers for salt water tanks??

Mostly with hob's as an in sump skimmer will just overflow back into the sump

Yeah def go with an in sump in case of spills or problems.

Yeah I know guys I actually have all the material to make a fuge for this tank just lack of time to sit down and do it. Taking a week off in march probably will make it happen then

Back
Top Bottom