help! what are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fonzi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody! And happy 1st week of the new year!! Ive been having a lot of fun watching my tank grow, its moving into the 5th month now, although ive had some fatalitys involing my shrimp and the fish besides that everythings going well. Now i have some things that began growing and would like someone to help me identify what they are, first two pictures look like a worm the first pic lets out a stringy spider web like string every now and then, the second pic hasnt done anything, third pic they are all over in the sand, fourth pic looks like seaweed (is that bad weed) and behind the seaweed you can see these little white things all over the back wall and also all over the tank? What are these things and are they bad? Please help, thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 127
As far as the spider web check out vermitid snails in this link

Xtalreef

The little things on the tank glass are certain type of pods. I dont see anything that is bad for the tank in any of your pics. Keep that link as it`s a good hitchiker thread.

Thanks Melosu!! That link helped big time!! now im in another jam im trying to figure out if i have isopods, from the picture from the link it looks exactly like what i have all over my tank but how do i get rid of them? also seems my snails got their boogy on cuz ive noticed very tiny snails roaming the tank!!

i will tell you write now you will have stuff growing all over if you have lots of varities of plants, rock, and coral

here are some harmless isopods-
img_1194633_0_094323d555f9b864f50ddc42fe2f0e7a.jpg

img_1194633_1_0b75712e1a876d8814b3ebc7045d1f07.jpg

Back
Top Bottom