Help - What have I done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafecci

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have two O. Clowns. For little over a month they have been best of buddies. The black one was larger than Orange, but the little orange one has had a growth spurt and now both are the same size. The orange has also hosted the BTA. But now they seems to be fighting a lot. The orange stays with the BTA and gaurds it 100% of the time. Never venturing far from the BTA. The black is all over the tank and any time it gets close to the BTA they seem to fight. Laying on their sides-twitching at each other. Sometimes they attack each other and swipe each other with their tails. Are we fighting cuz both matured to females or are they fighting over the BTA????? Why cant fish talk...LOL On the serious side......I miss them being buddies and not sure if I have created a jealousy? I would think they would share the BTA if things were right between them. Any suggestions?

they same thing happened to my two clowns, they were the best of of friends at the LFS and for the first couple of weeks but eventually they turned on each other and i had to return one to the LFS. i would sugest you do the same before any serious damage is done to either of them

Well to my knowledge if one is hosting a BTA it will get territoral, I Understand 2 O. Clowns, But did you say A Black Clown and O. Clown? There could be a Species issue as well but I could be wrong will see what the other have to say....

The two different species will fight. You may want to think about removing one.

I agree that two different clowns will fight. I have a 125 and my two different clowns fight all the time. Most likely they will continue to fight.

Back
Top Bottom