HELP: whats happening after water change????!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just did a 10g water change on my 75g reef and all my corals have retracted their polyps and this has never happened before. What should I do? I tested the salinity and its still the same, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, <5 nitrates. I make saltwater the day before so it has a chance to properly mix. what should i test for? should I do another water change?

I just did a 10g water change on my 75g reef and all my corals have retracted their polyps and this has never happened before. What should I do? I tested the salinity and its still the same, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, <5 nitrates. I make saltwater the day before so it has a chance to properly mix. what should i test for? should I do another water change?

come on people i dont know what to do my coral is all totally retracted into their skeletons

This happens to me. Maybe the water disturbed them? Were the temps matched? How are your alk, calcium, etc? 10g is alot, im really not suprised. If it goes on for more than a day or two then i'd be worried

This happens to me. Maybe the water disturbed them? Were the temps matched? How are your alk, calcium, etc? 10g is alot, im really not suprised. If it goes on for more than a day or two then i'd be worried

Well it's 10% it's a 100g system just the displays 75g. I'm a bit less worried because my clam has opened back up. The temp wasn't the same Won't make that mistake again.

CleverBs said:
Well it's 10% it's a 100g system just the displays 75g. I'm a bit less worried because my clam has opened back up. The temp wasn't the same Won't make that mistake again.

Oh good man. Ya that could be it. Do you know how off it was? In a 100g system it wouldnt be a huge impact though...

They will reopen there more durable then we think. My lfs sign says the key to this hobby is patience!!

Couldn't agree more!!!! Lol. They really are hardy. My toadstool gets blasted with new water with the temp a little different and salinity maybe a little different and opens whenever the lights come on. IK agree, patience is key.

Did you put dechlorinater in your water, I dk about saltwater tanks but I know when I don't use it after a wc in my freshwater tanks my fish start actin weird

Back
Top Bottom