Help with aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ibrahim

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've had the aquarium for 6 months and I wanna add corals so the tank could be full of colors. I have 2 150 watt Metal Hallide and 2 54 watt T5Actinics. It's a 55 gallon and I have about 200 to spend to fill the left and right side of the aquarium with corals. I'm planning on having LPS, Leather, Softies, Zoanthids &Polyps and I'm ordering from Bluezooaquatics because I have a 50 dollar coupon. The livestock is 4 Turbo Snails, a White Tail and Niger Trigger, 30 hermit CrAbs, Pearlscale Butterfly Fish, Bicolor Angel, and 2 Sally light foot crabs. Id really appreciate it if you could tell me what corals to add that could fill my tank. I'm Only planning on adding 5 chromis.

Flake said:
Those triggers, butterfly and (possibly) the angel are not reef safe.

Good point I missed that those fish will nip your corals

Thanks it wont be a problem to swap my fish for Clowns, Gobies, Wrasses, and maybe a blenny at my LFS

They would be much better reef candidates. :)

Look into the mushrooms/ricordias, zoas (as you mentioned), gsp (as mentioned above), finger leathers, maybe acans(?), any of the euphyllia (frogspawn, hammer, torch), blastomusas, all are pretty easy and pretty colorful IMO.

Back
Top Bottom