help with bristle and fireworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnatbhs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just bought a tank from someone i found on craigslist and got a good deal. 2 problems kind of infested with aiptasia coral and has at least one small fire worm and 5-6 bristle worms that i saw during the day! if i see this many in the middle of the day i think there must be a ton in there. The aiptasea is getting rid of by peperment shrimp that im getting tomorow.

so will the bristle worms and fire worms cause problems with corals and fish , if so how should i remove them. i prefer diy solutions thanks.

hah just killed the fire worm. i decided to take the little live rock fragment and dump it is some fresh water sure enough when i pulled the rock out he was curled up in a ball. I dont like to kill things, i am a vegan who loves animals, but lol i dont want it killing things that i like

Along with peppermints you'll need to use something to dispatch the larger ones. I used Joe's Juice. My wife found Joe's Juice squirted into the live rocks while in a bucket drove the bristleworms out of hiding and into the bottom of the bucket.

I bought a bi-color psydochromis about a year ago because it was a cool looking fish. He immediatly ate most of my bristle worms. He is also the ruler of my tank, which is a bad thing for me because I can't add anymore fish to my tank. He's a real terror. I read up on him and was sure he was a safe fish to add...My Bad!!! you can't believe everything you read.
OOPS! stop ranting....

Back
Top Bottom