Help with catching South Afrcan flameback angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggpaul

Aquarium Advice Activist
My angel that I got a month ago is nipping at a few coral and I just don't want to lose anything. Too fast to catch with a net. Built the fish trap with a plastic bottle today but it wouldn't go anywhere near it. Should I try again? Help!!!

One more thing, lets say I catch it at night, when the lfs is closed. Where do I put it? I have a Biocube 29

What kind of corals? Does it have enough to eat other than corals?

Soft corals, lps, and yes I was feeding once a day, isn't that enough? He is going after the favia, kenya tree, and button polyps.
Did you try floating algae or lettuce for him to pick at? Also I feed my dwarf angel a mysis/squid/scallop mix in the am and pellets at night. Doesn't pick very often if at all.

Did you try floating algae or lettuce for him to pick at? Also I feed my dwarf angel a mysis/squid/scallop mix in the am and pellets at night. Doesn't pick very often if at all.

I have the algae sheets, but none of the fish are interested. Should I try lettuce? He wasn't picking at first, it started a few weeks ago. Plus, in the beginning I would feed twice in the day also , but he still picked.

Even well fed they pick. That's what angels do. Most don't eat the polyps, but their constant browsing can cause the corals to not open up.

can't believe it, but it actually entered the trap when I was away from the tank. Grabbed the trap, put a net over it and currently it is in my tank. Hope he doesn't get stressed, I need to take him to Petco after work. He should be okay in there for a day right?

can't believe it, but it actually entered the trap when I was away from the tank. Grabbed the trap, put a net over it and currently it is in my tank. Hope he doesn't get stressed, I need to take him to Petco after work. He should be okay in there for a day right?

Petco takes their saltwater livestock back? Not in Los Angeles. They specifically exclude it. I would call first. If they don't you can take it to another fish store as a trade in for another fish. African flamebacks go for $50-60 in my area so even if they only gave you half that's still worth it.

Back
Top Bottom