Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-28-2003, 12:28 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hrmmmmmm!

We actually have something similar to what he described in our tank on our live rock(tank is only about 5 weekish old). But they don't look like that picture. We have white and rustish colored ones but their "tenticles" arent tube-like as the one in the picture they looke more "feathery". Does anyone know what they could be? One of our white'ish ones actually looks like a pale lilac color. Another thing is all of a sudden some brown algae has appeared on the side of the tank, on the heater and the 2 middle tubes of the UGF...its isolated to that area only...is this bad? It seems odd =) My digital camera will be here any day now(bought a cheaper used one until I can find a better one for sale) so I will send pictures.

Reef, is yours like the picture or do yours have "feathery" tenticals also?

Thanks as always!!

Coralena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 12:37 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to astride13

What is on the top right of the image?

Old 08-28-2003, 04:34 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow thats funny...what do you mean boiled?

I wonder if someone could tell me why you don't want them, and how much lemon juice do you inject?

Thanks again

The New 105
Old 08-28-2003, 08:51 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
hara i never heard that we have a rock with 2 of them that can go in so deep that you can not inject if we take the rock out of the tank and boil it will it cause a die off issue when we readd it to the tank?
http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:52 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
these aiptasia were localized in one area, on a point of a rock. I boiled water in a pot and then held the rock in the water, just the part that had the aiptasia on it. Then after the rock cooled, i returned it to the tank. it does not cause a die off, as you have sterilized that part of the rock...nothing left to die and rot. it is dead and off.At least I have never had problems with it and i guarantee you, the aiptasia does not come back. just make sure the rock totally cools before returning it to the tank.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:54 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
thanks much that really helps hubby is so frustrated he was going to just take the rock out and let it dry out in the sun this is much better and both of them are on the same side of the rock guess i am cooking something new tonight 8)

http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, identification

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com