Help with coral positioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i know all, if not most, corals rely on lighting.
I have mostly LPS corals in my 90 gallon but i am having trouble positioning my corals. A few corals are positioned in a way that some part of the coral is not getting direct light. for example: i have a branching hammer coral that no matter how i place it all the heads are not getting direct sunlight. some are coverred by other heads and therefore do not get any light. Specially the ones on the side of the coral and at the bottom. Is that a problem? or as long as most of the coral is getting light, the other will be fine?

Thanks.
Here's a link my tank. The hammer coral is no longer as full on the bottom part as it was at the beginning, specially on the bottom where the head are not getting direct light.

YouTube - Reef Tank

I personally think everything looks pretty good. The hammer looks great where he is. Nice Tank.

Thanks man. I had actually moved the Hammer coral to the sand for a week, but moved it back to where he was because the larger clownfish tried to host it and damaged a side of it. Hopefully it will be back to normal.
I moved the white bubble coral to the bottom as well as the frogspawn. I hope that 4.8 watts per gallon are enough for them downthere.

Should be there. I would not have left the hammer down on the sand. It will be irritated by the sand if any fish should knock some in the coral. Good thing you moved it back.

Back
Top Bottom