Help with finishing up stocking my 90g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antec

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright guys here's what I have right now in my 90g.
1- false perc clown
3-green reef chromis
1-flame angel
1- purple tang

What else can I put in? I was thinking a lion fish? Maybe another tang?

If your looking at a lionfish need to make sure none of your fish are small enough to fit in his mouth what about foxface, copperband butterfly, Maine betta?

I think I would forego the lionfish. Maybe a nice butterfly. I recently got a Hawaiian Fourspot butterfly and love him. There are so many to chose from and I think it would make a nice addition to round out your collection of fish.

So no other tangs??

First off if you are getting any other tangs. Put them in first. And put that purple tang in very last on account for its aggression but as for tangs. You can't get the yellows, or for that matter any tang that has the same body style. But you could get a powder blue or brown or a blue hippo.

So take the purple out, put the other one in, and then put the purple back in?

So take the purple out, put the other one in, and then put the purple back in?

Put anything else you wanted in that tank THEN out that purple in. Change some rock formation so he will not have any territory to claim.

Adding another tang could add a lot of stress to your tank. IMO there are a lot of beautiful fish you could add in a tank that size. trio of anthias, school of cardinals, a butterfly, a foxface, fairy wrasse, flasher wrasse, etc. Lots of possibilities.

If you go foxface go, magnificent foxface. Lol

As far as another tang, it's risky no matter how u do it because purples are pretty mean. If you are dead set on it go with a smaller one.

If you go foxface go, magnificent foxface. Lol

As far as another tang, it's risky no matter how u do it because purples are pretty mean. If you are dead set on it go with a smaller one.

I just added a small blue hippo tang to my tank and it turns out my Sailfin is keep watching of the little guy.

Saltwater rules can be tricky!

IMO you could do a lion fish, however understand that you need to get a dwarf lion, and that even still you may loose some of your CUC. I just lost a peppermint shrimp when it was molting to my lion.

They do make a really cool addition to your tank though.

Question: is this a reef tank? B/c I think the butterfly's that were suggested will pick at polyps.

Alright guys here's what I have right now in my 90g.
1- false perc clown
3-green reef chromis
1-flame angel
1- purple tang

What else can I put in? I was thinking a lion fish? Maybe another tang?

Anthias are nice or a blenny maybe a firefish a goby

Yea it's a reef. I was thinking a Volitan lion. You think it could eat my green reef chromis's

Yea it's a reef. I was thinking a Volitan lion. You think it could eat my green reef chromis's

No butterflies or angels in a reef they are coral pickers a lionfish well fed and bought small will learn to eat only what you feed him in most cases but dont be surprised if when it gets big you find your chromises missing :)

No butterflies or angels in a reef they are coral pickers a lionfish well fed and bought small will learn to eat only what you feed him in most cases but dont be surprised if when it gets big you find your chromises missing :)

Dwarf lionfish would be better than volitans the latter get big

Dwarf lionfish would be better than volitans the latter get big

Agreed...

with a lion fish you have to be ok for anything to not be there. The way I was told to approach it was that if it can get it into its mouth it will. Now this may not be true but if you approach it this way you won't be disappointed.

Adding another tang could add a lot of stress to your tank. IMO there are a lot of beautiful fish you could add in a tank that size. trio of anthias, school of cardinals, a butterfly, a foxface, fairy wrasse, flasher wrasse, etc. Lots of possibilities.

Sorry if hijacking the thread. How many is a "school" with cardinals?

Sorry if hijacking the thread. How many is a "school" with cardinals?

Iv had cardinals and a friend recently got some they wouldnt school for either of us as for your question i dont know buddy had 5 and they all seperated lol

Back
Top Bottom