Help with Iodine/Iodide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i just ran 2 tests for Iodine with the Seachem test kit and my reading was "0" both times. No blue just a white mixture. Am I doing something wrong? Could it have been that coralife salt had 0 or is it the Seachem Reef Salt? I have only changed about 35g with Seachem. Its a 55g.

No i have not added any yet. I do have some but I find it hard to believe its 0. I dont have enough corals in the tank to use it up. Only 2 frags

No i have not added any yet. I do have some but I find it hard to believe its 0. I dont have enough corals in the tank to use it up. Only 2 frags

I'd recommend not to dose it for now. There shouldn't be a need to at this point. If there is too much Iodine it could crash your tank. It's hard to say if the test kits are accurate or not.

I'd recommend not to dose it for now. There shouldn't be a need to at this point. If there is too much Iodine it could crash your tank. It's hard to say if the test kits are accurate or not.

I am not going to dose anything yet. I do however need to know if it is correct. I am going out of town for the weekend. When I get back I might contact my LFS and see if they will test it for me

It has been my understanding that PWC`s will supply all the iodine you need. As far as the test I`ve never used one for iodine but you could tell by looking at the ingredients of your salt mix.

And you`ll be able to keep that level with frequent PWC`s unless you have a huge amount of inverts.

I am not adding any yet, just seemed strange my levels were 0 according to Seachem Reef Salt it should be at .06

Back
Top Bottom