Help with Molly/Nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badboy4utoknow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
can anyone help me with this ? so i am going to try to acclamate a black molly in my salt water tank but what about my anename will the molly be smart anuff to not swim in to my anename and not get eaten thats the only thing im worried about dose anyone have any info on this thank u

I moved this post out of the tech support forum and into it's own thread in Saltwater Reef Aquaria. You will get more answers here.

I personally would not attempt to acclimate the molly, but I suppose if you do it probably wouldn't be smart enough to know since it's not a part of their natural habitat. And that's assuming you got a wild caught molly

My acclimated mollies were...not bright. I wouldn't have too much faith on it having the instinct to avoid a nem.

I know my maxi mini anemone is very sticky and would probably take any fish that gets near enough. Acclimation of a molly should be done over several hours I have heard from 4 to 24 hours. I saw a lovely golden color molly the other night that was acclimated to full salt and was happily grazing in a frag tank. Another person has some babies that were born in a full saltwater tank for give away so I am sure it can be done successfully. I am considering trying it myself.

I cycled my tank with mollys.. still had one up till last week when I was on vacation...sister in law removed lid .... and jumped out.

ok last nite i acclimated the molly in a half hour and just got home to see how the molly's doing and hes or shes doing very good the fish is even eating i have him in my sump filter and hes fine but that still don't give me the answer to my question dose anyone know or has anyone done it befor thanx tommy

badboy4utoknow said:
can anyone help me with this ? so i am going to try to acclamate a black molly in my salt water tank but what about my anename will the molly be smart anuff to not swim in to my anename and not get eaten thats the only thing im worried about dose anyone have any info on this thank u

If ur nem gets the chance it will

badboy4utoknow said:
ok last nite i acclimated the molly in a half hour and just got home to see how the molly's doing and hes or shes doing very good the fish is even eating i have him in my sump filter and hes fine but that still don't give me the answer to my question dose anyone know or has anyone done it befor thanx tommy

I'm just curious.Why exactly do you want a black Molly in a saltwater tank.A science project?LOL

To answer your question, yes, there is a chance the anemone will eat the molly. If the molly is curious and swims up to check it out, it may end up a meal.

badboy4utoknow said:
yes a science project u will never know what u never tried

Its ur tank never let any say anything about what u put in them....

Back
Top Bottom