help with my nem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all i have a purple tip nem (also been told its a sabre nem) i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to tell if he is happy and if he is healthy.. also what to feed him on as he is quite big and the tiny brine shrimp i was told to feed him on seem to small

Can you post a pic? It depends on the type of nem as to what it should look like if it's healthy. It should get most of it's "food" from the water column and your light source. They are a photosynthetic creature who need super good lighting to keep a healthy number of zooxanthella.

I don't think thats a sebae it looks more like a bubble tip anemone. I'm almost positive it is a green bubble tip

Anemones have a symbiotic relationship with zooxanthella, a photosynthetic algae. They need this algae to survive. Your anemone should be off-white (yellowish to tan in color). It should be really sticky and it should find a place to "anchor" and stay put. I think you have a sebae anemone. If your anemone is pale white this is a sign that it is not getting enough light which will eventually kill it. As a side note... These guys get really large so plan accordingly

It does look a bit like a green bubble tip. It's hard to tell from the photo. Your LFS sold it as a sabre? But that would actually be sebae.

If it has a red foot, which it looks like it does, it's not a sebae or bubble tip, it's a Long Tentacle Anemone (LTA).

What kind of lighting do you have?

It looks like a green bubble tip. Give him fish. Small frozen silversides from the LFS, or chunks of smelts from the supermarket. Also make sure he's getting plenty of good lighting.

Back
Top Bottom