Help with PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been watching my PH close now that im using a pinpoint monitor, and I think I have a problem. My late night to early morning PH is 7.8 moving up to 8.0 as right now which is two hours into the photo period. I am not using any buffers, perhaps I should get one, or does this all sound faily normal?

I don't think a .2 shift in pH is a problem. pH normally will shift a bit from night to day. The recommended pH is about 8.3 at it's high point. Of course, the 180g tank I maintain at the eyecare center stays about 8.0 no matter what I do to it and everything is thriving in there. So, if everything in your tank is doing well, I would probably just leave it alone for now and see how things go.

Thanks logan, I don't want to jump into using new products like buffers and such unless necessary. Today was hard enough switching from ReefCrystals to Oceanic and adding my new Kalk system. I was also slightly afraid that maybe the Kalk was supressing the PH or something, but then again im still new to kalk and will just have to take it slow to figure it out.

My pH gets to about 8.5 during the day, I'll have to re-calibrare my pH monitor but it hasn't been that long so I"m pretty sure it's accurate.

It depends if I"m dripping kalk or not, when I don't drip morning is around 7.8 and evening is about 8.3. Lately even if I drip kalk very very slow it gets to around 8.5 and morning around 8.

Back
Top Bottom