help with potter's angel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solidsnakejv

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i just bought a potter's angel on an impulse buy. it was just too beautiful a fish that i forgot that it is listed as expert only at liveaquaria.com.
I have been reading a lot about it and apparently it is a really bad shipper since it gets stressed out easily. my plan is to keep it in a 10 gallon quarantine tank with a purple firefish and two small yellow clown gobies for two weeks. my concern is that it will stay stressed out in the quarantine tank. i feel that it will feel more at home and it wikll aclimate better in my main display. 90 gallons with 100 lbs of live rock.

im reaching out to everyyone with some input, specially those who might have experience with this fish. thanks.

I have had two potters. One died within a week, the other doing great. The only thing that was different is the second time I had a lot more LR in the tank. I found the best thing to help a fish acclimate is to have plenty of hiding places for it. As well as good tank mates. You should put him in the quarantine first as long as water params are good with some places to hide. Potters do best in reef tanks

I have had two potters. One died within a week, the other doing great. The only thing that was different is the second time I had a lot more LR in the tank. I found the best thing to help a fish acclimate is to have plenty of hiding places for it. As well as good tank mates. You should put him in the quarantine first as long as water params are good with some places to hide. Potters do best in reef tanks

I have three 4" PVC pipes in the quarantine tank. He will be going into a reef tank in a couple of weeks as long as there are no complications. I only have six small corals and 100 pounds of rock in the 90 gallon. I hope that's enough room for him with enough rock. All tankmates are peaceful. My only concern is him lasting the two weeks in the quarantine tank and him actually taking food.

How long has your tank been up and running?

It is always good advice to quarrantine everything as I am sure you know, and that would be my adive here, however at the same time I know of a lot of Potter's angel keepers who made the decision to put the fish straight into the display because of the stress of shipping. You won't be the first to do so ;)

Well i decided to quarantine it because it's a pretty good sized angel so i want him to get used to regular food. It's a good think i quarantined him because i just found ick on it so i am treating it with cupramine. But now i am extra concerned for obvious reasons, and i still haven't seen him eat, plus i know that cupramine sometimes affects fish's appetite.

Back
Top Bottom