help with remora skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZivioRR

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all, my friend bought a remora(not pro) and he have alot of bubble coming out of the return, any idea to fix this problem?? is it normal? TIA!

that is normal during the break-in period.... it should be less when its broken in. you can also get the pre skimmer box thats supposed to stop it, too, plus from what ive heard, it helps get more skinmate out.

even when it is broken in you will see bubbles when the water composition changes from water changes, feeding, or just your hands in the tank. actually that lets me know it's not skimming. as soon as the water stabilizes, which can be as little as a few minutes to longer it will stop and start skimming again. I did find out that the cleaner you keep the reaction tube in the overflow box, the more it will skim. this is a fantistic skimmer!

The bubbles will die down some as the unit breaks in. IME there will always be some micro-bubbles present, especially after feedings or tank maintenance as Stuffer pointed out.
ryguy said:
reaction tube? overflowbox? please explain. Are you talking about the jetstream nozzle?
I think Stuffer is referring to the tube the foam travels through on it's way into the collection cup- AKA the "neck".

Ahhh... I see.

Ya that needs to be clean as a whistle.

(if you really think about it though....whistles aren't all that clean are they....with all that spit that dries and accumulates)

the skimmer kinda stop giving out so much bubble, i think it final break in, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom