help with salifert tests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansas salt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I feel kind of stupid but I'm not sure I understand how these tests work. I tried testing some water in the new tank and after my color changed it said to read the syringe. It said I had .34 left in there. To find out how much of what I have, do I use the .34 that's left or do I go by what I've used for the test, which would be .66 ? to find my value? This is for calcium and I know it's low but if I used the figure of .34 (which is what's left in the syringe and multiply that by 500 ( got that calculation off the test instructions) I get 165. If I just read from the table given and use the .34, I get 330! Which is the right way??? I'm so confused....
HELP!!

At 0.34, your reading would be 330 ppm Ca if using the full test. If using the ½ test, the reading would be 660 ppm.

Ingnore the calculations on bottom left. Just look at the chart on the right and go straight across to match the syringe amount with a ppm amount. I hope you where also using the nib that attches to the syringe....

moving to getting started section for more feedback

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom