Help with SPS color.....pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought some SPS frags on EBay. They came in bleached. I placed them in my frag tank and they recovered completely, but it took two months!

PO4 is .04 and NO3 is .50 still trying to raise it to 1-2ppm but things are still going in the right direction. I have also adding 8ml of Energy A and 8ml of Energy B by Red Sea every day. Colors are def looking better!

I swear by this pcture and how white the top side of the coral is and how dark the underside is. It has to be an issue of to much light?

white-M.jpg

I think i might run 4 bulbs for 6 hours instead of running all 6. Run 2 for an hour cut off run for for 6 hours cut off and cut 2 back on for an hour.

It's not a matter of too much light, but quite possibly a matter of too much light too soon. Did you start it low in the tank?

That coral has been in the tank since June of last year. But, yes when I got it I started it out on the bottom and moved it up slowly its about half way in the tank.

I have some birdsnests directly under the LEDs at the top of the tank and they are still keeping color. some on the sand bed also doing well.

Back
Top Bottom