Help with tom aquatic dosing pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bdonaldson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have two of these pumps on a 20 & 29 gallon tank at work to keep a siphon going. The pumps stopped working. I've had one of the pumps since 9/13 and the other since 2/14. Has anyone had experience with these pumps go bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Rarely do they go bad...try unplugging it for alittle bit and plugging it back in. Could also be that something got sucked up into it and clogged it up.

Rarely do they go bad...try unplugging it for alittle bit and plugging it back in. Could also be that something got sucked up into it and clogged it up.

Ok thanks. I will try unplugging them for a while. If it's clogged, How do you unclog them?

Ok one of the Pumps is working now but the other one is not.

On the one that's not working, Can I unplug the system pump without it flooding the floor? Just overnight until I can get a new syphon pump.

Probably. Or just switch the two pumps to where the other is located. Sounds odd, but when I have had aqua lifters stop functioning, I simply took it off the ATO and put it on the overflow and it just worked.

Ok I received a new dosing pump today. Switched it out with the old one and now everything is working fine. I'm going to take the old one apart and see if it's just clogged on the inside. I want to thank everyone for your input.

It only takes a tiny bit of grit to stop a impeller in a pump. Some systems if the power goes off will backflow a little and suck up some debris.

It only takes a tiny bit of grit to stop a impeller in a pump. Some systems if the power goes off will backflow a little and suck up some debris.

That's what I am thinking that it just needs a good cleaning. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom