Helping finding feeder shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FWIW when you factor in shipping, that is going to be an awful lot of $$ spent on food. What are you using them for?

I'm using them to feed my puffer, I use to buy them at my LFS but they don't for what ever reason sell them any more. HE loves to chace them around and I heard that they are good for his beak.

I agree with Mike that by the timer you add the shipping charge that they are preety experience. Have you tried feeding krill.

Yes I have, it was freeze dried krill but I need to get more, I have to hold it while he eats or it just goes into the filter.

I agree live food would be an excellent treat for the puffer, but as a primary food source it is a little too costly IMO. Besides krill you could try fresh, raw, seafood such as shrimp, and other meaty items, from the grocery store. Many people use fresh seafood to make their own frozen food(ie blender mush). A feeding stick may be a good investment as well. I don't have any experience w/ aggressive fish, but I imagine a puffer bite would be pretty nasty, depending on the size. HTH

He's a small puffer about 4" and he does bite I know first hand LOL. but I can hand feed him with out a problem. Thanks for all the advise I might check into buying fresh seafood at the store.

Try fresh seafood but soak in a few different vitamin "enhancers" like zoe or selcon (there are thers like selcor or vita-chem) I also soak mine in garlic guard.

Thanks I have selcon that I soak some food already.
Thanks for all the advice I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and it's nice to know that there are people out there to help.

I was looking for this one site that I saw once and could not remember but after searching and searching I finally found it and it is cheaper then when I bought them at my LFS. 100 count jumbo saltwater shrimp $20 + shipping don't know what the shipping is but I'll find out and let you know here's the link Thank's for all your help.
http://www.mariculturetechnology.com/Foods.htm scroll down about half way and you will see them

Back
Top Bottom