Here is a fun question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is it about an overflow that snails love? I would give just about anything to come home one night and not have a d@$n snail in my overflow tube. fourth night in a row I have had to cut everything off to fish a snail out of my overflow tube. I even covered the box and they still get in. I am going to throw them all in the back yard and get hermit's! LOL!

Fast waterflow? They're curious? Who knows Just put a screen over it and problem solved.

I think.. you should just let the fool crawl all the way down and in to the sump. Then just collect him at the end. ;)

Crepe: I actually put a screen and a light diffuser over it so we will see what happens.

Zer0: they usually make it down to the sump, the problem is the other day 3 of them got caught in my pvc and that does not allow for good water flow it was a good thing I was sitting in my recliner watching my tank!

Pretty much part of having a tank. I take them out fo the sump every once in a while and put them back in tank (along with the stars, etc.)

I didn't have the screen on mine and my peppermint shrimp was living in my overflow for a few days, I kept taking him out and putting him back in the tank, so I figured I better put the screen back in (and put it in upside down) so he was living in the screen for a day or two until I figured out that was where he was hiding.....

Back
Top Bottom