Heres my quaratine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KSum89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Heres my quaratine tank, i just got n threw in a 2 inch and 1 inch pvc. I wanna add a piece of base rock but i read im better off not doing it.

My filter from my 55 is running on it now, hope it does whatevr it needs to do to sjip the cycle phrase so i can order a few chromis from liveaquaria. To qt then add to my 55.. No one helped me on the cycle stage in my thread. So hope im doing it right.

Attachments

• image-1629752841.jpg
    image-1629752841.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 153
Looks good. Test your water. If the filter is an established filter.. You shouldn't have too many problems. We do pretty significant water changes on ours. About 10 gallons every few days which was 33%. Our QT is a 30 gallon long. Just do your water changes straight out of the DT or sump.

Maya said:
Looks good. Test your water. If the filter is an established filter.. You shouldn't have too many problems. We do pretty significant water changes on ours. About 10 gallons every few days which was 33%. Our QT is a 30 gallon long. Just do your water changes straight out of the DT or sump.

I think i messed up the fast cycle i wanted, i made new water and put it in, then i removed my filter from my 55 and put it on this 17 gal bowfront. My ammonia tested as .25 ammonia or is that a good thing? I was expecting 0 ammonia..

Is there anything in the tank? Or did the filter have some die off? Where did the ammonia come from?

That's better. Just keep an eye on it. If you took the filter out of water you probably had a little bit of die off. You should be fine.

I would check it again tomorrow. I would hate to tell you to put fish into a tank that isn't ready. If it's zero tomorrow evening it was probably just filter die off. We usually
let ours run a day or two prior to placing livestock if we can. I've never had an ammonia spike though using ours.

Back
Top Bottom