Hermit Crab eating Corraline Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boxster

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will these crabs eat corraline algae if they were hungary? I realized my corraline is not growing and I kept seeing the hermit on the rocks eating something. I have 4 hermits on my 46g FOWLR.
Also, I saw my small feather duster tube is shorten?? Anyone knows why. Could the crabs be the culprit again?

Also, I saw my small feather duster tube is shorten?? Anyone knows why. Could the crabs be the culprit again?

Yep

Will these crabs eat corraline algae if they were hungary? I realized my corraline is not growing and I kept seeing the hermit on the rocks eating something

More than likely the conditions in your tank are not conducive to the health and growth of coraline, but yes I think if they were hungry they would eat it ;)

NO crabs are probably picking on alge that is growing on you rock. They will not eat coralline. As for you feather duster it probably buried itself further down your substrate. They are slighting mobile.

Back
Top Bottom