Hermit Crab Shells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_fanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do all Hermit crabs outgrow their shells? And if so, where can I buy shells to put in the tank?

I just got a great assortment on ebay for fairly little. They're not here yet but when they do I'll post back and let you know what I think. My hermits all look like they could use new homes!

Another alternative is checking out the local craft store. I found a nice assortment at Wal-mart's craft department for fairly cheap. Just make sure the shells are natural and its recommended to boil them in hot water before placing them in your tank.

ok thanks guys. I've been looking around and there are some pretty nice looking shells compared to the regular black ones that they originally have.

Ask the LFS for some shells. I did this, and I ended up getting a bunch of free hermits...shhh..... 8)

And also some free shells too. Alot of times they don't even pull them from the tanks, so you can just ask for a few empties to be thrown in the bag.

Back
Top Bottom