Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-11-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to melissfish
hermit crabs and clownfish

I have two clarkii clownfish in a small 12 gallon tank, can i keep a hermit crab with them for mess control, i thought hermit crabs liked to come out of the water, do i need special lighting,,or live rock, my tank is fo at the moment and id like to add one crustacean or similiar to clean up, im adding 2 snails, but can i have a crab or will this cause complications. Do i need anything else for the crabs????????????????????

Happy Fishing!!
melissfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
You'll probalby need extra shells for crabs. LR is recommended for all tanks, especially if they are to house inverts/corals which are sensitive to high nitrate levels. Even a couple pounds of LR will be beneficial to your tank, if you mix it with base rock the live beneficial critters will eventually spread to all the rock.

I do not have any hermits in my 100g due to the fact they kept killing snails to take their shells.
jamal-188 is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, crab, crabs, hermit, hermit crab, hermit crabs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com