Hexagon Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

forzaazzurri

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 25 gallon HEX tank that I want to use for a sump/fuge.
Since this is an awkward shape, does anybody have any ideas on how to setup the compartments ?

I basically want an area for a skimmer, fuge, heater and return pump.

I was thinking to keep it simple and make half the tank a fuge with cheato separated by egg crate and the other half would have the skimmer, heater and pump.

I'd get plexyglass from home depot and split the tank in half then quarter the second half. The first half would have the filtersock then the skimmer, the next quarter would be the fuge with the macro algae and the next quarter would just have the return pump. Only drill holes in the plexy from the first half to the fuge area then from the fuge to the return so the water flows through and doesn't just enter and exit randomly....

Ya and you don't want your macro algae getting sucked into your return pump and mulched up into your display tank. When i first set up my fuge i had no baffle between my cheato and my pump and a few days in the current moved a little ball of cheato into my pump and I got home from work to find thousands of little bits of algae flying around my tank...lol Learn from my mistake...lol

Back
Top Bottom