Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-28-2003, 09:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

hey need some opinions

hello
i have a 75gallon allglass tank, a fluval 404 filter, a rena cal toplight 300 watt heater in my tank, its a salt water tank, with 5 pieces of live rock, two big around 12"x10 and 10"x8" others are alot smaller, no skimmer yet, and four damsels. was just wondering how many fish i can add, and i am getting a skimmer and that new powercompact light with moonlight built in 48" so i can go coral and so on, just wonding what all thinks about my setup so far and any advice or suggestoins would be helpfull.
thanks
jeremy

Old 12-29-2003, 04:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

i say as many as your ammonia levels still reading 0 will allow you

Old 12-29-2003, 05:57 PM   #3

well after reading alot of the posts in this forums, is my fluval 404 filter to much for a 75 gl tank, i also have some live rock too, i want to keep my tank good and clean, so my fish will stay healthy and alive. i plan on adding a skimmer in the near future but money is tight at the moment..so any help would be thankfull
thanks again
jeremy
Old 12-29-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

well is this a reef tank or fish only ?!?! either way i wouldnt waste the money on that flual(but no i dont think it be to much imo thats impossible) !! for one wet/drys are soooooooooooooooo easy to make and would work better if ya gonna do fish only !!! but due to ya having some lr i would say add more slowly or fast if ya have the cash and add your fish slowly !! i have always used wet/dry myself and was worried about removing my boi-balls but did and was the best thing ive done !! my water has never been so steady !! the skimmer is another issue and are a great addition for sure !! but have ran a tank heavly stocked with fish and never had one and seamed to have no probs or deaths !! still have my first salt water fish i bought (yellow tail damsel) over 7 years ago but imo a skimmer would do a better job than the fluval
Old 12-29-2003, 07:30 PM   #5

well allready have the fluval on tank running with the fish in it, seems to be doing a good job, i have been told the skimmer needs to be added when i can. i want to have fish and coral. i have fish now, going to add coral later when i can get that light...any mroe info?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com