Hi all, I am a complete noob in terms of reef tank keeping, and have discovered what

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pngdave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422149172.284829.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422149222.225658.jpg
Seen here on top of my magnet. He/she gets around pretty quickly and blends quite well onto the live rock. Is it ok to have in the tank? Not much else in there as the tank is only 10 weeks old. The is some soft corals, plenty of polyps, some aptasia ? and a whole heap of different worms. One clown fish, one Cardinal, one brown tang and two chromis.
Tank specs: 470l, 65l sump tank, Aqua one skimmer, haliea 300 chiller, various LEDs.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Possibly some sort of nudibranch? I googled a couple but couldn't find an exact match but there were a few that resembled...

I don't think it's a chiton since I can't see the typical segmented shell. Also, I've never seen a chiton move quickly as the OP describes. By bet is a stomatella. Regardless, either one is a good member of the CUC.

It's definitely a slug of some sort. I've seen them before and while I didn't see or hear of them doing anything wrong, like eating coral or knocking off other slow moving inverts, I never had the patience to go through every slug on this list http://www.seaslugforum.net/specieslist.htm
To make a positive I.D. Enjoy!

I have something like this in my tank and it clears algae really well!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom