Hi. I plan to have my salt water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soonfoh

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi. Can some one tell me? My tank size L-36", H-24", W-15". This tank is how many gallon? For beginner this tank suitable o not?

Looks like a 55 gallon tank. IMO it would be a great starter SW tank, but I will leave that to the experts!

55 gallons are the best idea for starters .. rule of thumb is get the biggest u can afford with subtrate and rock. Provides enough water volume to notice changes before any major problems occur.

Sounds closer to a 65, 55 gallon tanks and four feet long and not that tall or wide. It should make a nice sw tank, is it drilled?

This is my tank. Live rock 17kg, sand 10kg, 2 clown fish, 1 anemone, 1 hippo tang, 1 red star fish, 1 sun flower coral n 2 fish ( don't know the name ) 1 is yellow n 1 is white

Attachments

• image-3464792965.jpg
    image-3464792965.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 205
  • image-193233610.jpg
    image-193233610.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 196
That tank is WAY too small for a hippo tang, are you planning on upgrading soon? The minimum size tank for them is 180 gallons. Other than that it looks very nice.

By this moment no. Coz I'm beginner. U know that fish white colour name

Attachments

• image-3624708766.jpg
    image-3624708766.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 182
I buy the cleaner shrimp n boxed shrimp back home put in my tank. 2 shrimp death

Attachments

• image-941792344.jpg
    image-941792344.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 140
How old is this tank (how long has it been running)?

Did you acclimate the shrimp? Shrimp must be slowly acclimated to new systems.

Smitty said:
How old is this tank (how long has it been running)?

Did you acclimate the shrimp? Shrimp must be slowly acclimated to new systems.

1 week. How??? Thank Q

There are many problems with this tank, did you do much research on livestock before starting it? How was the tank cycled? When you say 1 week do you mean you put water in the tank 1 week ago?

There are many problems with this tank, did you do much research on livestock before starting it? How was the tank cycled? When you say 1 week do you mean you put water in the tank 1 week ago?

it sounds as though he simply added water to the tank and placed some livestock:fish1::hide:...

hopefully not but idk..

Those aren't cleaner shrimp they are banded coral shrimp, unless you have a mated pair chances are you will end up with only one Saltwater Aquarium Shrimp for Marine Reef Aquariums: Banded Coral Shrimp

You will need to probably read up on lateral line disease stressed tangs usually end up with one or the other and possibly both.

Please read up on the fanged blenny and see if that is what the white fish is. Make sure you know what to do if it hits you.

Back
Top Bottom