Hi phosphates in ro/di water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcoberg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok I read many post about this but, I have 2 new 150gpd membranes the tds is 9 after the it leaves the last membrane under 80 psi. The Tds is o after the DI resin. the Supply is high @ 144 but is knocked down. I tested the phos today for the first time it was .25 . any suggestions

You'll want to use phosphate remover in the tank. It may be possible to run a BRS GFO reactor inline with your RO filter but that's just a wild shot in the dark. Maybe call BRS and see if they have a solution. I doubt the flow would be right for using a reactor with your RO. It was just a thought.

you shouldn't have any PO4 after RO/DI. I would replace DI resin, Sediment, and Carbon block. If its a new unit I would make sure everything is hooked up right. How many stages are you running?

you shouldn't have any PO4 after RO/DI. I would replace DI resin, Sediment, and Carbon block. If its a new unit I would make sure everything is hooked up right. How many stages are you running?

Agreed.

Plus, what kind of container(s) are you storing your RODI water in? Some plastics have been known to leach phosphates.

Are you testing the water that you are storing for phosphates or are you testing the water in your tank? If it is in your tank, then the phosphates are probably coming from feeding.

Back
Top Bottom