Hichikers: To keep, or not to keep - THat is the question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So what is the answer?

I am planning on getting #50-#60 LR from liverocks.com (not sure if gulf or Keys yet). I was planning on dipping it all and then curing it in my tank (nothing in it yet). But I am not sure what I want to keep and what I don't.
There a list anywhere of what I want to keep so I can find a picture or two and try to toss the wrong critters? Also, the ones I don't want, do you put them in the sump on some LR, QU, or flush. Is there any reason to keep them?
Thanks again,
G

You can click on my page below and go to the eductional section. It will have a link called "common critters" which will give you a good idea what what to expect. The only one you really want to get rid of that you can expect (depending on what kind of rock) is a mantis. dont put him in your sump, but other than that, its up to you. DO NOT TRY TO TOUCH IT OR PICK IT UP! They are called Thumb Splitters for a reason. :wink:

When my shipment of lr and ls came from lr.com I put all crabs into the qt till I could id them and make sure they were reef safe

Back
Top Bottom