Hiding Royal Gramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ads_1205

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just added a royal gramma to my aquarium and she keeps hiding inside the small house in the tank (see picture). She will poke her head out and sit in the door way but rarely go any further out.

Is this normal and will she come out further as she gets used to the tank.? She went in yesterday after my water was tested and was all good.

My current stock is 2 clown fish, cleaner shrimp and a few hermit crabs and snails.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image-3961310152.jpg
    image-3961310152.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 121
Quite normal. Mine has been in the tank for a year and stills hides in its hidy-ho. Once it gets comfortable it will come out more often but I bet its found its safe zone which is good.

I've had two grammas and both were very secretive. The one I have now hides laying on a rock in back. lol But she does come out here and there. My first one that I had was out and about much more though, but she still would disappear into the rocks frequently.

Yea hes just unsure of his new home.. try to make sure some food drifts near his hiding place so he can pop out and eat resl quick. I have had a royal gramma like that and more recently a chalk bass.

That's good then it all sounds very normal. He has been coming out much more this morning but still stays close to her hiding place.

Yeah that what mine was doing hide then came out for food then hid again that lasted about 2 weeks max now it's all over the tank swimming with my clown blue rang and bannana wrasse

Back
Top Bottom