Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
High Alkalinity and high calcium.

Im haveing trouble getting my alkalinity to drop below15 dkh. The calcium is up around 560. the magnesium is running a solid 1500. I started with a water change, this didnt help only made the issue worse, turns out my local water supply has naturaly 7 dkh in it to start out with. The solution was to use rodi water. This however has not changed the alkalinity at all. I was told dose more calcium to bring down the alkalinity, however im at the limit were I dont want to take calcium any higher. I Know that Alkalinity plays a part with PH however ph remains stable at 8.4. I really dont know what to do next its been a week sense a 50% water change and nothing has changed. Some of my corals are starting to show signs of stress Im at a lose any help would be great. I should also add that nitrates amonnia and nitrates are all in perfect ranges. This is all according to Sailfert Test kits

trzabka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Have you been dosing? Test the new salt water before pwc to verify if salt mix and test kits are good. Safest way to put everything back to normal is pwc.
"Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion". George Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

jeffaquarius is offline   Reply With Quote

alkalinity, calcium, high calcium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com