High nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is killing me, I had rally high nitrates my last test and I have no idea why, now I'm trying to get them down and they will not go down, can anyone help? I cleaned the filter yesterday, and did a water change and got it down to 40, I just did another water change and it's still at 40

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What water are you using to make up the new mix?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would assume no, because I just bought a new one, it doesn't expire until 2019, and it is reading the new mix at 0

when high phosphates and nitrates are present I always do back to back 50% water changes than 50% daily water change till its all gone usually takes like 3 days

It's a 20 gal, it's been running for about 9 months, I feed about every other day or more, it has 2 ocellaris clowns and an orchid dottyback

I used argonite sand and I vacuum about half an inch down. I did have a little bit of algae problems about 4 months ago, but I switched to distilled and it's been good ever since

ah okay, that makes sense then, thanks for the help

I'd try and blow off your rockwork before a water change and siphoning out any gunk which comes off.

A lot of things can go wrong if you disturb a sandbed which hasn't been touched in a while, so just a light skimming over its surface will do fine.

Detritus build up will wreak havoc on any nano.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom