Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-22-2003, 08:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Wow, with that kind of reaction I don't feel as though my opinions aren't very welcome in this forum. The hobby is all about learning and being open minded to other people's opinions, good or bad. Thats what forums are all about.

Ender

Old 03-22-2003, 08:54 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Wow, with that kind of reaction I don't feel as though my opinions aren't very welcome in this forum. The hobby is all about learning and being open minded to other people's opinions, good or bad. Thats what forums are all about.
Everyones opinions are welcome in this forum. Unfortunately as you, undoubtedly have found, not all opinions are well received. Please don't let that discourage you from posting and stating your opinion. Everyone has something to give to this hobby.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 03-22-2003, 08:57 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

As Kevin said, all opinions are very welcome, but you may get some info that contridicts them. Please be very open minded when recieving critism, contructive or not.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:29 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender Wiggin
Also, inform yourself before purchasing things, thus you wont be wasting money. The hobby is about learning, not pointing fingers and blaming others. Maybe if you are that *beep* off about the CC, so back to the fish store and simply ask why they recogmended it, and explain why you think that isnt a good idea.
Possibly this was where the problem was? VERY direct to say the least... I didn't remember seeing anything in any of the previous posts that indicated that anyone was "beeped" off or pointing fingers. I guess we need to remember that everyone isn't the same. Those of us who are kinda thin skinned need to remember that, because someone is very direct doesn't mean they intend to be offensive...some folks just talk that way. Those of us who "just talk that way" might want to read it first and ask "Will this be construed as offensive by whomever is on the other end?". Sound silly? Maybe, but things like this can rapidly escalate into a flamefest which, and I think the other mods/admins will back me up on this, will not be tolerated. Everybodys opinions are welcome. Now, I'll get off my soapbox before someone kicks it out from under me .
Logan J
Old 03-22-2003, 10:33 PM   #15

I don't care what anyone says, this site is hands down the top site IMO because you can post your opinion and you don't get kicked in the rear for sharing. Believe me, I will argue with the best of em' however, at this time, I would like to extend a thank you to all of the administrators of this site.

Even the arguments and tudes shine new light on a subject every now again......

Thanks

It's all good!

Old 03-22-2003, 10:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dont worry Logan, I got your soapbox real secure, no one is taking it. Well said.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:41 AM   #17

I was referring to Wiggin . After much research I Changed out my cc for ls & lr because with cc I would have to vacuum out the substrate & with a 29 gal. tank I cannot see how a 10 - 15 gal water change once a month would keep up with the detrius that would build up in between changes with the cc. I didn't mean to offend anyone . Sorry 8)
Old 03-24-2003, 02:34 PM   #18

I believe I was being quite fair in telling you not to blame the fish store for something that wasn't their fault. I dislike the fact that people don't understand that this is a science hobby, something everyone is learning from all the time. Information gets updated almost daily as to what is good, what is bad, what scientific names have changed, what fish are compatable, what fish eat, how they breed, ect. As much as we want a for-sure answer, there sometimes isn't one, and sometimes it's a matter of opinion and experience. So if information is different, that's because it's a science. You can't blame a person at a store for trying very hard to put a sw package together for someone who has no clue what they are buying or what they are trying to accomplish tank-wise.

Just because someone on here disagrees with your opinion, doesn't mean they are preaching or lecturing you.

Welcome to a forum.

Ender
Old 03-24-2003, 02:38 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

[center:f26fd11136][/center:f26fd11136]

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 03-24-2003, 04:32 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ender & Logan... can I have your soapboxes? I'm sure I can build SOMETHING for my tank out 'em....

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com