Hitch hiker on Live Rock ID plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put my newly acquired live rock in my tank and was looking at it to see what hitch hikers I had and aside from some feather dusters and worms that were on it I found this little guy. I was wondering what it was and watched it pull a loose piece of frozen mysis shrimp in. If anyone has any idea what it is I would appreciate some insight.

hitchhikero.jpg

I put my newly acquired live rock in my tank and was looking at it to see what hitch hikers I had and aside from some feather dusters and worms that were on it I found this little guy. I was wondering what it was and watched it pull a loose piece of frozen mysis shrimp in. If anyone has any idea what it is I would appreciate some insight.

Aiptasia?

Thanks for the help. I was really hoping it was something that didn't suck, but oh well that's to be expected I guess. Seeing how I wanted some peppermint shrimp already I will give them a try for a little bit before moving up to chemical warfare.

Aptasia is inevitable. No matter how hard I try I always end up with it. I aptasia x it as soon as I see it and I'm usually good for a while but I buy most of my coral from individuals so it's part of it.

I thought about the peppermint shrimp but they cost $10 each for something that may not work good and I got a bottle of apt. X for like $9 on sale and it's lasting a long time

I thought about the peppermint shrimp but they cost $10 each for something that may not work good and I got a bottle of apt. X for like $9 on sale and it's lasting a long time

My LFS thankfully has really really good prices on fish. I picked up two peppermint shrimp today for $6 each. I think I'll give them a week to see how they handle it.

He runs the shop out of his house so doesn't have to worry about paying the normal store related costs

Ha that reminds me. There was a decent saltwater store that closed down and now he runs it out of one of those metal sheds behind someones house. You might could fit one car in the shed. Lol kinda sad actually

Crap we must know the same guy, hahaha he also runs his out of his garage, converted to growing a ton of corals. That's funny

Back
Top Bottom